Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Published Author

     Well, I did it. As of now I can call myself a published author. 

     For weeks, I was waiting for the news. I was disappointed so many times. So late at night when I checked my email, there it was. The first sentence of the email went, “Your story has been accepted for web publication.” Surprise was my first feeling then followed by more surprise and then euphoria. I took a screen shot of everything. You can’t know how much this means to me. I can finish the year being proud of the fact that now I can update my resume.


     So, what did I learn as a writer? I rewrote the story that got rejected and added poetry to it. I concentrated less on explanation, imagery, and technical aspects and added soul to it. It worked. I’m slowly learning what it means to be a good writer. So I’m off to rewrite my other stories. It just feels great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment